Welcome to the "North Stars"!
Are you looking for an active group of cross country skiers to join for a day, a weekend or a week’s adventure? Are you interested in skiing locally or internationally? If you are, then the North Stars Ski Touring Club is for you. The club offers a wide range of activities for all levels of skiers: both skaters and classical, from beginner through expert.
Founded in 1967, we have happily skied every inch of the midwest and beyond. During the off season, club members organize hiking, biking, kayaking, dancing and trail clearing events to keep friendships strong and our bodies in shape for the ski season.
Enjoy a full schedule of outdoor activities locally and to exotic places. Some of our most popular trips are member's only weekend get-aways to northern lodges, cabins, yerts, and for the really brave, quincys, snow caves, yurts, or tents. The forested trails of the upper midwest are some of the best in the country.
North Star trip leaders always find good snow, people and food and fun at the best ski areas in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Upper Michigan and beyond. There is good snow somewhere, even if Twin Cities conditions are poor.
- Extended travel ski or hiking trips, reasonably priced (5+ days) in U.S. and International.
- Weekend and overnight trips to cross-country ski ares in MN, WI and MI.
- Informative meetings and programs focused on all aspects of skiing and adventure travel.
- Volunteer trail development teams work together preparing trails for the upcoming season.
- Ski lessons for all abilities.
- Bimonthly printed newsletter, the LOYPE (Norwegian word for ski trail).
- Weekly e-newsletter, e-Loype, for current news and schedule updates.
- Socialize and share good food with other outdoor enthusiasts!
- Activities geared to families w/kids, singles, older adults, and general membership.
- Summer activities: hiking, cycling, picnics, paddling.
- Active Subgroups: Singles Division and Wednesday Wanderers (midweek mornings)